Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy 41st!

Pretty sure that Charley will kill me when he sees that I've posted his age here... so maybe if I say a whole bunch of nice things about him, he'll forgive me :) (love ya honey!).

My sweet husband's birthday was yesterday (Feb 22). I feel bad that this is the only picture I got of him the whole day. Well, we didn't really see each other but just for a couple hours. We both had a stressful day!


I did manage to leave work a little early so I could take him out. He was (luckily) able to get his shift covered at the last minute so he had the night free. He chose to go to dinner and a movie! Surprise, surprise! Actually, it was a pretty fun night. We went to Teppanyaki for dinner. We always love that place, but definately can only go there on a special occasion! After that we went and picked Nate up and went and saw the Percy Jackson movie. It was actually pretty good. (Did i really say that??). It was funny because 10 minutes into the movie, I pulled out my phone and said.. "I'm glad I have games & facebook on my phone" But after Charley convinced me to put my phone away, I was actually able to get into the movie and enjoy it. Nate loved it! I think he will read the books now! And to make it even better.. we had a private showing! We were the ONLY ones in the entire theater! Weird?

So onto Charley's "card".

Charley and I kind of have a "fortune cookie" motif going on in our relationship. When we were first dating, I think he was a little more ready for a "relationship" than I was. The first time I went to Idaho with him, we at at a chinese buffet. My fortune cookie said something about "embracing what I had in front of me" we just kind of laughed about it.

So when Charley propsed, he had fortune cookies made, and the fortune read "Sarah will you marry me". I still have the fortune!

So this was mine & Nate's little project. We made this little chinese box and filled it with paper "fortune cookies". Gotta admit, it was pretty fun to make... and Charley loved it!


(So this is where I redeem myself...)
Just wanted to say happy, happy birthday Charley! I have no idea where I would be without you, and I am greatful every day that you have come into my life. You are an amazing husband & father and I am so lucky that you have chosen me as your wife! I know life is stressful right now, but I also know that we have happy times in store for us. Life is better because we have each other...Love you! Hope you had an amazing day and your next 41 years look even brighter.. looking forward to spending them with you!


2 comments:

Tonya K said...

Love that we all know his age now!! I want to make those fortune cookies - I've seen them before but I'm no good with paper, just a keyboard :)

Charles said...

Sarah:

I am getting so old.....all I know is that I want to get old with you. You are such an amazing woman and I love you.

Thanks for a great b-day

C