Sunday, October 3, 2010

Well Hello Blog....

... Long time no update!

Not that I haven't wanted to update, just lost interest after my memory card crashed in May. I got a new phone with such an awesome camera on it, that I mostly used it as my camera. Well, when I went to Long Beach in May, before getting on the plane, I powered my phone off. Then in Salt Lake, it wouldn't turn back on. So I took it in to Verizon. When they took my memory card out, it wiped out the entire card. I tried eveything to restore the 1200+ pictures, videos on it. Luckily, the card has gone from phone to phone, so most of those pics I did have a back up for, but there were a good 300 or so that I had taken from Dec-May that the only back ups I have are ones that I texted to Charley or uploaded to facebook. UGH. (I even took the card to Inkleys who has 90% success rate for recovery. Of course, I fell in the 10% that was unsuccessful. They said the card was completely empty, it didn't even have sectors on it).

So, ANYWAY-- Well, we have had an eventful Spring/Summer, and I do want to have those memories somewhere, so I think I'll start catching up the 'ol blog. I'll probably catch it up monthly, but at any rate-- I'm BACK! And ready to get back into the blogging mode...

Some of the significant events since February:
  • Nate's Piano Federation (Feb)
  • Nate's Talent Show (Feb)
  • Easter (April)
  • My Birthday (April)
  • Selecthealth Moves Buildings (April)
  • Nate's Piano Recital (April)
  • Sarah's 2 Surgeries (April)
  • Short trip to Long Beach (May)
  • Master Bathroom Redecor (May)
  • Disney (June)
  • Jetblue Summer Party (June)
  • Nate's Webelo's Badge (June)
  • Overnight trip to NY (July)
  • Raging Waters (July)
  • Nate's First Day of 5th Grade (July)
  • Lagoon (August)
  • Blackwood Family Reunion (September)
  • Charley's & Sarah's job promotions (September)
See you soon!

5 comments:

Ginamarie said...

I am so glad you are back!

Lisa P. said...

yea! missed your updates:)

Michele Michaels said...

So excited that you're back to blogging, that is A LOT Of catch up!

Lisa said...

So Sorry about your pictures, that is so heart braking. I am so behind as well, maybe we can catch up together.

Foust Family said...

Welcome back!!! I am also sorry about your pictures!