It's that time of year again... Potato Harvest! We love potatoes in our family, and nothings better than FRESH potatoes! Hilary's husband works on the farm where these potatoes are grown, and we love to go get them and bring them back.
This year we took our swingset up to Charley's parents house, so we rented a trailer. This meant we could bring back more potatoes on the way back! Our family and friends love them as well...
I never thought we would get this HUGE swingset on the trailer and that it would make the drive. But guess what, It did! Took 5 guys to load it onto the trailer, but they made it. (Good job guys!).

It was such a short trip up and back. We left home around 10 PM and made it to Filer at 2 AM. We were up early that morning to unload the swingset & rebuild it at grandma's house. Charley and his dad rebuilt the whole thing that morning.

Then it was off to get potatoes. Nate really wanted to come this year since he missed it last year. He was in "awe" at the size of the potato cellar. And yes, those are potatoes in the background.

I think this potato that Nate's holding here was bigger than my shoe!

And I don't think this picture even needs an explanation as to why I took it? LOL. It was so cute.. had a body, and even a tail on the back. But, of course, I focus on the three circles :)

We put all the kids to work bagging... It took us about 3 hours to bag 50 bags that are approx. 100 lbs each! Here's all the kids chillin afterwards... Aren't they so cute? This is what the load back looked like.

It was a short one day trip. I always wish we had more time to stay and visit everyone. Nate loves to go up and visit the cousins.. in fact, one of them wanted to come home with us for a week! LOL. We left Filer around 7 PM, and went to get some dinner at the first place I ate in Twin Falls when Charley took me up to meet his family. A chinese restaurant called Wok n. Grill. After that, it was on the road again.. We arrived home around 1 Am, and had to unload all the bags so we could get the trailer back before 7 AM. Whoa... Talk about a long day, and a lot of manual lifting!!
This is what our garage looks like now. Time to deliver potatoes so I can park the truck in the garage again! (And thanks Hilary & Charles for letting us come up every year!)

0 comments:
Post a Comment