Monday, January 4, 2010

Our 2009 Christmas Card

Here it is! This year's Christmas card. Believe it or not, this year's cards were actually quite a point of contention! (I'll explain). But anyway, I think they turned out great for last minute...


If you didn't get yours in the mail, I'm so-0 sorry! I found a stack the sunday after Christmas that never made it to the mail. It's because I mailed all the out of state ones and several of the in state ones... then had to buy more stamps. (As you can tell, I never bought more stamps). But, I did get the majority of them out.

Not bad for last minute cards eh? Ok, now for the contention explanation...

I had scheduled family pictures 3 different times... but we have 3 busy children and never made it to any of the photo shoots. My goal now is to get family pictures sometime before next year's cards!! We shall see (LOL).

I actually debated not sending cards this year. It was a week before Christmas and I didn't even have a game plan. But you know, me, I am a procrastinator... thus I work VERY well under pressure. And for those that know me, knows that I LOVE cards, both making and sending, so how could I pass it up this year??

So Thursday before Christmas eve (I think it was the 17th) I bought these dollar hats from Michaels. We picked up the girls and took these pictures over at the district by their house. I uploaded them to Costco Thursday night, and Friday afternoon... viola! Christmas cards. They were in the mail Friday night (well the ones that made it to the mail). Did I mention that I love Costco photo??


What do you think of the pictures? Not bad for an ametuer, eh? I actually love the way they turned out, and the kids were surprisingly cooperative!. The whole photo shoot was a sum total of 20 minutes, but they were freezing... Sorry kids!


Can you tell which of the kids likes to get their picture taken, and which ones would prefer to go without? Holly was dying to get pictures taken by this light post also. Afterwards, I actually liked those best, so they're the ones that ended up on the card.
And this is my favorite one. I love the way this picture turned out! Charley did NOT want his picture taken at ALL. (This is why we aren't on the card.. haha). But he ended up liking this picture a lot, and wished I was in it too. Maybe next year we can get pictures with all of us.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, and thank you for ALL the wonderful cards we received.

3 comments:

Lisa P. said...

oh my gosh these pics are sooo cute! you did awesome..family pics stress me out sooo much...my worst picture taker is my husband of all people...;)cute idea with the hats!

Kristen said...

Love the pictures Sarah. Such a cute family!!! Miss you!

Nicole said...

Great job on the pictures! The card turned out great.