Last year, on our wedding day, (June 4th) we went and got massages in the morning, went to the courthouse and were married, then went straight to the airport for our honeymoon. As soon as we got to Long Beach, it was late in the evening, so we went to dinner at a fancy steakhouse, Ruth's Chris. I had never eaten there (I'm not much of a steak person), but Charley had and loved their steaks. It's a very nice restaurant with excellent service. Of course, you pay for the service because the meals aren't cheap. We figured it was a special day, so we wanted to go somewhere special for dinner. When we sat at the table, the host pulled the chair out for me, said enjoy your meal, Ms. Blackwood, and put the napkin on my lap. UM, ok as soon as he called me by my name (my new name of about 4 hours, that is) I knew that it was a nice, expensive restaurant.
Fast forward one year. We're in Hawaii for our anniversary, we're at a nice time share resort & spa with free massages, and there's a Ruth's Chris down the street. We did have a relaxing massage and went online and made reservations for dinner. There was an area online where it asked if we were celebrating a special occasion, so I checked the anniversary box. When we arrived at the restaurant, they took us right to our table, it was covered with fresh rose petals. They also greeted us with "complimentary" champaigne and he asked if we wanted him to pour it for us. When we told him no thanks, we didn't drink, he soon arrived with two glasses of non alcoholic sparkling juice. After dinner, he brought a free anniversary dessert. Chocolate & coconut covered strawberries in the prettiest display i've ever seen! Then he gave us an anniversary card with a $25 gift certificate in it for our next visit. Whoa! Although we don't go there often (twice to be exact), I am so impressed with the service and will definately go back again. Not to mention the food was awesome! The best steak I've ever had. (They serve them on sizzling 500 degree platters). And the other food was just as good!! I would definately recommend going there for a birthday or anniversary. They really make you feel special on your special day.
Doesn't this dessert look awesome?? It came on a glass tube filled with rose petals. Almost too pretty to eat! But, you know me and chocolate covered strawberries! Of course we at them. The sticks were edible shaved dark chocolate. Not bad for free, eh?
Happy anniversary CBabe! I am truly lucky to have you my life. When we are together, I know that you truly love me for who I am. Thanks for having patience with me and for everythng you do for me. I am so glad we have spent the last year together and am looking ahead to the many years to come. Hopefully I will make you feel as special as you have made me feel. I love you & am so blessed to have you as a husband.

3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! We hope you are enjoying your time in Hawaii! What a great place to spend time. We honeymooned there a long time ago. Bring back Macadamia nuts :)
Wow! Sounds like you had a great time. We love Ruth Chris too!! Great service and food like you said. There's one in Park City now, never been to it but that's closer than Vegas (or Hawaii)!
I will never be able to tell you how much you mean to me and how much you have blessed my life....I love you now and forever
Post a Comment