Sunday, July 3, 2011

Teacher Appreciation

Last week was Nate's last week of school. Jen and I decided it would be fun to send a teacher appreciation gift every day for the last week. (I know, teacher appreciation was back in April, but going along with my "wait until the last minute" nature, I waited until the last week of school!).

We crafted EVERY night. Kind of reminded me of boutique season. It is always fun to get together and craft. Every time I do it, I remember how much I miss it.

So here's Monday's gift. A stack of 10 cards that say "A Note from Mrs. Brighton" in a cute little matching box:



Tuesday's gift was this little gift box. Inside is a box of Theater candy. I think Reeses Pieces. And attached is a little post it note key ring. Nate wrote on the inside of the post it note.. "OWL always remember Mrs. Brighton"


I've seen several versions of this on the internet and various blogs. They are so cute!! I was going to do a 6 pack, but at Walmart, there was only ONE six pack left in the whole store. So, we thought that one bottle looked just as cute.


And these are giant clothespin photo frames. I actually had a picture of Nate on the first day of school standing next to Mrs. Brighton's door-- pointing to the poster of all the kids names on it. It was perfect! I matted it and stuck it in the clothespin. We also wrapped a SKOR candy bar with a tag that said "Mrs. Brighton helped me to achieve high Skors"


And finally Friday. Since it was July 1st, and the last day of school, we gave this to her on Friday. It is three rolo sticks wrapped to look like dynamite. They turned out so cute!!! Package two of them up in a painted box and there you have it.


Nate loved giving his teacher gifts throughout the year, and I know Mrs. Brighton loved them also. She always took the time to send home notes of thanks. Actually, Friday, after the week was over, the thank you card she sent home was the ones that we gave her on Monday. I smiled as I opened it. I'm glad that she will put them to use.

Next year is kind of sad. It will be the last year I make things for Nate's teachers. And I'll be doing it solo... as Tyler will be going to Jr. High.... It's a sad day for Nate as he rode his bike to school for the last time with Ty. But one more year, and I will be the mom of a Jr. High boy myself.... Yikes!!!

0 comments: