Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jump Team

Nate has been participating in an after school jump rope club.

I have to admit, I had no idea what they did there, just that they stayed after school to jump rope. Nate mentioned "passing off" tricks, and jump offs, but other than that, he didn't really talk a lot about it.

Last week, they had their Jump Team Assembly. WOWZA... was I impressed at all the stuff they can do with a jump rope!!! A lot of the neighborhood kids participated and it was so fun to go and watch what they had been learning all year!


They had solos, duets, group tricks. The jumped with short ropes, long ropes, two ropes. Teams, and everything. They also had awards!



Nate earned the "Master Jumper" award. He was so proud of it. I know he has worked hard, even went over and passed off tricks while they were off track. He really felt like he accomplished something, and he's looking forward to doing it again next year!


Nate & Tyler with their Master Jumper awards. Nate is really going to miss Tyler next year!