Thursday, December 3, 2009

One Decade

Wow, Nate hit double digits today! Time goes by so fast.



It seems like just yesterday I was bringing my baby home from the hospital.

Or going for our first trip to Kiddie Kandids. (He was 2 weeks old here)


Or teaching him to walk.


Or sending him off to kindergarten.
Or even watching him be baptized.

But as hard to believe as it may seem, Nate turned 10 today! He seems so young, but yet he seems so grown up. He's not your average kid. He definately thinks outside of the box. He doesn't want to be the traditional "transformer" for Halloween, he never eats sweets before he has something solid in his stomach, and he's always thinking of others before himself. He has always been a quick learner and very independent.

Nate has been through so much in his short 10 years, and I'm so proud of him. He's very smart, he loves school, and loves to read. His best subjects are math and reading. He is popular with all the neighborhood kids and loves to spend time with his friends. He's very sensitive, has a sweet heart, still loves to be tucked in at night, and thinks his mom is his favorite girl. I'm not looking forward to the day where he will be grossed out by hugging his mom, but for now, I just love and cherish the moment.



Happy birthday to my little boy... who is growing up right before my eyes.

4 comments:

Faires Bears and Toads said...

He is so cute! I love those baby pictures! What a doll. Congratulations on having such a great son!

Lisa said...

I love your post. Nate was such a darling baby. Nate sounds a lot like my Fisher. I too hope they never outgrown the mommy hugs and kisses. You have a good boy on your hands Sarah. Happy Birthday Nate

Rat Fam said...

Happy Birthday Nate! I too love the hugs we get from our little (ha- now he points out he is taller than I am). Cole is still a very snuggly kid (of course on his terms now). I love to watch Nate outside playing his imagination is great!

Kirstin said...

What a little stud! :) He sounds like a great kid too!