Lauren and Holly spent Halloween with their friends, so I don't have any pictures of them. From what I understand, Lauren didn't dress up, and Holly was corpse bride or something like that. (Sorry, I'm not a Nightmare fan, so I don't really remember).
Nate on the other hand, well, you know his creative little mind. He wanted to be some sort of food item, and his first impulse was bacon! I know, odd. After researching "Bacon costumes" online, there really wan't a wide selection... Go figure! I did find one that came with eggs, and it was pretty expensive. We didn't have anyone to dress up as the eggs, and if I would have tried to make the bacon part of it from felt, it probably wouldn't have looked like bacon! Or I also found one other one, that I'm really not sure what it looked like! LOL.

So... On to search for other creative homemade costumes. I compiled a list, printed it out, and just told Nate to decide. The list was pretty cool. Included stuff like "money bags" " Operation Game", "Undecided", etc. He chose "Dr. Pepper". this was a great costume for him. I made him a head band with a huge circle on it, and I had an old lab coat from a past murder mystery dinner. printed off a bunch of "pepper" pictures from the internet and make them into stickers with my xyron machine. It even was a great costume because Nate was able to help with it.


So... On to search for other creative homemade costumes. I compiled a list, printed it out, and just told Nate to decide. The list was pretty cool. Included stuff like "money bags" " Operation Game", "Undecided", etc. He chose "Dr. Pepper". this was a great costume for him. I made him a head band with a huge circle on it, and I had an old lab coat from a past murder mystery dinner. printed off a bunch of "pepper" pictures from the internet and make them into stickers with my xyron machine. It even was a great costume because Nate was able to help with it.
And here's introducing Mr. Pepper, himself.... The Dr. is IN!

Here's a couple pictures from the school halloween parade and carnival. The carnival was C-R-A-Z-Y. So many people there in a tiny school! Needless to say it was a HUGE success. the kids all had a great time.
Halloween morning was actually pretty crazy. We got up early and went to Katie's baptism in Heber. Being anywhere on time on a Saturday morning is a stretch for us, let alone getting ready in Sunday dress and driving to Heber! Of course we were running late.
I mentioned to Charley that I didnt' want to drive all the way to Heber and miss the baptism! As he casually replied that he didn't want to get pulled over, he did go a little faster. Well, as Charleys bad luck (or should I say my bad luck) would have it... YUP, we came over the hill and there was a highway patrol sitting in the median. Next thing I know, we're pulled over, and it took him so long to write the ticket, we missed the whole baptism anyway! UGH.

Anyway, after the baptism, the family went and ate at Golden Corral in Provo. So, it was Heber, Provo, shopping for candy (nope, hadn't done it until the Halloween day) and then off to the trunk or treat at the church. This is always fun for the kids. And they get such a large amount of candy in such a short amount of time (and walking). Denise was able to bring Christian & Michele out this year. They kids had a great time.
After the trunk or treat, it was off to take Nate to his dad's for a visit. Because Nate's an odd child and doesn't like a lot of candy, Aunt Nana & Uncle Marty gave nate two decorated pomogranites for his "treat". He loved them. Especially since he's been waiting all summer for them to be in season!!

Anyway, after the baptism, the family went and ate at Golden Corral in Provo. So, it was Heber, Provo, shopping for candy (nope, hadn't done it until the Halloween day) and then off to the trunk or treat at the church. This is always fun for the kids. And they get such a large amount of candy in such a short amount of time (and walking). Denise was able to bring Christian & Michele out this year. They kids had a great time.
After the trunk or treat, it was off to take Nate to his dad's for a visit. Because Nate's an odd child and doesn't like a lot of candy, Aunt Nana & Uncle Marty gave nate two decorated pomogranites for his "treat". He loved them. Especially since he's been waiting all summer for them to be in season!!
And on to pumpkin carving. Who ever thought of this anyway? As you know, I'm not a fan of this, so sometimes i am greatful that I "get" to go to work! HAHA. Charley is such a good sport. He took Nate to get a pumpkin and carved it with him. I know that's why kids are here. If they weren't, I'd never carve pumpkins, never put up a tree... yada yada.
So Charley and Nate came home with what I would assume was the largest pumpkin at the store. I don't even think Nate could lift it! They chose their design and started making the mess...
But I do have to admit, the pumpkin tured out A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Great job boys!!
Here's what it looked like when it was dark and all lit up! Looks like something right out of a movie, doesn't it?

And last, but certainly the least important... Nate convinced me to dress up this year. Plus, they were having a party at work, so for the first time in 12 years at IHC... I dressed up! Simple, but it worked...


1 comments:
Ummmmm that story about the ticket is not quite how I remember it happening my love.....I remember someone saying "speed up" and someone else saying "I dont want to get a ticket" and then....well you get the picture...lol
Post a Comment