Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful...

I was going to have the kids post 5 things they were thankful for. Well, i didn't get a chance to ask the girls before they left, so I will have to update those later. However, when I asked Nate his five things, I was blown away. This was his response...
1. Parents
2. Relations
3. Entertainment
4. Sports
5. Life
Whoa! Where did these come from? These are responses from my 8 year old boy. And the funny thing is, he just rattled them off!

So then I started thinking. I would feel terrible & ungreatful if I didn't post the things I was thankful for. This has been such an eventful year, and it's amazing how my life has taken such a turn. Looking back to last Thanksgiving, I remember sitting on the couch after dinner at my mom's, waiting for Nate's dad to come pick him up and take him for the weekend. I was crying because it was the start of the holidays and I was having such a hard time with the split parent time. It's so hard to send your child off for the weekend, let alone on a holiday like Thanksgiving. As it turned out that I went out with some friends that night, and ended up having a good weekend afterall. However, one very happy memory of last year... It was Thanksgiving EVE, so one year ago yesterday, that Charley and I met face to face for the first time. I can't believe it's been a whole year, but then look at everything we've accomplished in that year! I would never have thought that I'd be married this year for the holidays! As unbelievable as it may have seemed back then, it has been one of the most wonderful blessings.

So here goes with my thankful five:
1. A fresh start & a second chance at life.
2. Family... Mine & Charley's too. I have the best in laws.
3. My Job... It keeps me on my toes!
4. The House... I'm surrounded by friends & Neighbors.
5. Friends... Every girl needs them, & I have some of the best there are.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Sarah, I am so happy for you. I am glad you got a second chance at life. I am so thrilled to see you smile.
Enjoy the holidays cute girl